Opera star Andrea Bocelli backed out of singing at Donald Trump’s inauguration after receiving death threats from leftist.
The revelation came as another singer – Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday – last night pulled out of the President-elect’s festivities after being threatened and branded an ‘Uncle Tom’ by the intolerant left.
When blind tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday’s celebration, it was widely reported it was because fans had said they would boycott his concerts and records.
But a source said the 58-year-old had been determined to ‘press ahead’ and sing but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life from leftist fascist..
A source close to Bocelli, a friend of Trump’s, said: ‘Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.’
Singer Holliday, 56, famed for her performance as Effie in Dreamgirls, had originally said she was ‘determined’ to sing for Trump despite voting against him.
She also denounced the abuse she was getting and called it an attack on freedom of speech.
On the day of President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration fascist protesters are planning an anti-capitalist march, road blockades and disruptions to inauguration balls. The protests will likely include property destruction, a source with intimate knowledge of the protest plans.
A group called #DisruptJ20 is the most active in the planned protests for the inauguration.
Organizers for #DisruptJ20 are planning to kick off the inauguration protests on Jan. 18 with a gay dance party outside of Vice President-elect Mike Pence’s Chevy Chase, MD home.
Thousands of police officers from across the nation, 5,000 National Guard troops and local police will be providing security for the inauguration.
Interim Metropolitan Police Chief Peter Newsham said at a recent press conference that the D.C. police were made aware of protest plans by anarchists and that they will be “able to handle it. “