House Cloakroom: October 24 – October 28
Major Floor Action:
- HR 2576: – To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the calculation of modified adjusted gross income for purposes of determining eligibility for certain healthcare-related programs
- HR 674: – To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the imposition of 3 percent withholding on certain payments made to vendors by government entities
Major Committee Action:
- The House Ways and Means Committee will hold a hearing on “US-China Economic Relations.”
- The House Foreign Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on “Deployment of US Forces in Uganda.”
- The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Power will hold a hearing on “Farm Dust Regulation Prevention Act.”
- The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on the “Regulatory Accountability Act.”
- The House Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing on “Military Retirement Overhaul.”
The Senate will be in recess this week.
Source material can be found at this site.