This year, people turned to Heritage to get the answers in the 2011 Budget Chartbook. Listed below are the top ten charts from Heritage’s Budget Chartbook as determined by pageviews.
- Defense Spending Has Declined While Entitlement Spending Has Increased
- Federal Revenues Have More Than Tripled Since 1965
- Tax Receipts Return to Historical Average
- Total Tax Burden Is Rising to Highest Level in History
- Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security Will Consume All Tax Revenues in 2049
- Federal Revenues by Source
- National Debt Set to Skyrocket
- Federal Spending Is Growing Faster Than Federal Revenue
- Federal Spending per Household Is Skyrocketing
- The Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 70 Percent of Federal Income Taxes
Source material can be found at this site.