Please watch this video as soon as possible. It could save you thousands of dollars if you take heed. I warned some time ago that the EPA was approving E-15 gas. Now it is appearing in service stations. If your car is older than 2012, at least a dozen manufacturers have now warned that it will void your warranty if you use it. So even if your car has a warranty, you get to pay for the devastation out of your own pocket, just like the rest of us.
[youtube ceW9Nc1hVHU nolink]
- Ethanol is not creating jobs in Florida. All ethanol consumed in Florida’s is corn-based. All of it is imported from the mid-west. Florida’s ethanol mandate is subsidizing corporate welfare for a distant corn industry.
- Ethanol harms engines
o Ethanol is a solvent and absorbs water, which can cause water contamination and phase separation of gasoline.
o Ethanol causes vapor lock or fuel starvation, more commonly in carbureted engines, hot weather and/or high altitudes (ethanol increases gasoline’s vapor pressure)
o Ethanol is especially damaging to small engines and marine engines.
o Ethanol can cause a drop in octane
o Ethanol decreases the life cycle of parts and engine
o Ethanol decreases the shelf life of gasoline. (expires in 30-90 days)
- When exposed to excessive water, they expire even faster
- After only 100 days, alcohol fuels absorb enough moisture to phase separate.
- Ethanol is an inefficient energy loser. A Cornell study found that it takes 1.5 gallons of gasoline to produce 1 gallon of ethanol.
- Ethanol harms the environment.
o A 2009 EPA report concludes that ethanol will increase carbon emissions in the short term and may need to be in effect for 100 years before long term reductions are realized.
o It takes 1,700 gallons of water to produce just one gallon of ethanol
- Ethanol mandates are bad for the economy
o Ethanol mandates raise the price of corn, hurting Florida’s dairy and beef cattle ranchers.
o Corn is a major US export. US corn exports have tripled in the last decade. Ethanol mandates lead to more domestic corn consumption and will widen the U.S. trade deficit.
[youtube 3tCp_sEAQSo nolink]