Unions haven’t been able to get special Obamacare subsidies like Members of Congress and their staffs did, but they may not go away empty-handed.
The Obama Administration has indicated it will propose a new regulation that could give many unions a break from one of Obamacare’s new fees. This one hits health plans with a $63 per person charge next year.
But many “self-insured, self-administered” plans would be exempt from this fee in future years, thanks to the new suggested regulation—and that could apply to a lot of union plans.
Labor unions accused Obamacare of “shattering” hard-earned benefits and destroying the foundation of the middle class when they begged earlier this year for special treatment. Instead of advocating relief for all Americans, they merely advocated a carve-out for their members.
Meanwhile, people across the country are seeing their plans canceled or premiums increased. For people shopping in the Obamacare exchanges, premiums are going up in at least 42 states.
While hard-working Americans are suffering, the Administration is nodding to unions that it will give them a little break. Obamacare is not only unworkable and unaffordable—it’s unfair.
As Heritage expert Alyene Senger has said, “Rather than unions or other politically influential groups receiving special treatment, all Americans should get a reprieve from Obamacare and its erroneous consequences.”
Want to learn more about real health reform that gives you options? Check out the conservative alternative to Obamacare.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- President Obama (kinda, sorta) apologized to Americans’ losing their health plans.
- Obamacare supporters are turning to Hollywood to convince Hispanics they should sign up.
- Entrenched corporate elites have always viewed conservatives with trepidation. Now their lobbyists are readying for war.
- Concerned about sexual assault in the military and wondering how to fix it? Read this important paper to understand the problem and proposed solution.
- The Food and Drug Administration has decided to ban trans fats as a public health risk, even though they were already being used minimally in food production.
- Ever wonder what the best time is to drink your coffee? Science provides the optimal answer.
- Did you catch the Country Music Awards? Obamacare was the joke of the night.
- Guess which pop star plans to be the first to sing in space in 2015.
- The White House plans to compete with a successful private business with its new college rating system.
Source material can be found at this site.