November 11, 2013 14:25
by Pesach Benson
Israel and the US still not eye-to-eye on Iran. The State Department’s number 3 person, Wendy Sherman, was in Israel trying to reach an understanding with Jerusalem on the unfolding “first-step” deal with Iran. But the Times of Israel reports Sherman went home without one.
And in today’s best commentary: David Aaron Miller explains Why the US and Israel are split over the Iran deal.
France and president Francois Hollande took up the role as the new Great Satan (or gun-slinging frog), knotting up Western diplomacy with the Iranians. Foreign Policy explains how it happened. But why? Here are seven reasons:
- France takes Iran seriously.
- France wants to expand its role in the Mideast.
- Plainly perverted policy.
- It was Meyer Habib’s doing.
- Standing up to the US is good for Hollande.
- Standing up for the Gulf States is good for Hollande.
- Why else would the Wall St. Journal say Viva La France?
Source material can be found at this site.