Philadelphia – October 20, 2016 – The Middle East Forum’s “Islamist Money in Politics” (IMIP) project is releasing the top-ten recipients of 2015-16 campaign contributions from individuals who subscribe to the same Islamic supremacism as Khomeini, Bin Laden, and ISIS.
Hillary Clinton tops the list, raking in $41,165 from prominent Islamists. This includes $19,249 from senior officials of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), declared a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates on November 15, 2014.
Among other current presidential candidates, Jill Stein has accepted $250. Donald Trump and Gary Johnson have not received any Islamist money.
Other top recent recipients of money from the enemy include Rep. Keith Ellison ($17,370) and Rep. Andre Carson ($13,225). The top-ten list includes nine Democrats, one independent (Sen. Bernie Sanders accepted $9,285), and no Republicans.
None of the above recipients has responded to IMIP’s efforts to inform and warn them about the Islamist ties of these donors.
For full details of all Islamist contributions in a sortable database, click here.
Islamist Money in Politics holds politicians accountable for accepting funds from sources linked to the enemy. It shines a light on Islamist influence in U.S. politics by making public the campaign contributions of 1,356 leading figures in America’s most important Islamist groups. To date, IMIP has documented 2,974 Islamist contributions worth $1.43 million.
Launched in 2014, the non-partisan project continually updates contribution data to educate politicians themselves and the public.
By the Numbers
|Hillary Clinton (D-NY)||$41,165||$46,665|
|Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MA)||$17,370||$193,758|
|Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN)||$13,225||$63,009|
|Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)||$9,285||$9,485|
|Pramila Jayapal (D-WA)||$6,957||$6,957|
|Former Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-PA)||$3,500||$10,500|
|Dwight Evans (D-PA)||$3,500||$3,500|
|Rep. Donna Fern Edwards (D-MD)||$2,900||$4,900|
|Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-VA)||$2,850||$19,400|
|Rep. L. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)||$2,835||$2,835|
Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
Hillary Clinton has received $41,165 from prominent Islamists in 2015-2016. (Click here for full donation history.)
Donors are associated with the following Islamist groups:
(Click here for group descriptions.)
- American Muslim Council (AMC)
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)
- Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
- Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC)
- Muslim Students Association (MSA)
- “SAAR Network” (SAAR)
Donors of particular note:
- Ahmad Al-Akhras (CAIR) is past president of CAIR-Ohio, and former vice chairman of CAIR’s national board. Repeatedly defended Columbus men indicted — and later convicted — on terrorism charges.
- Yahya Basha (Muslim Public Affairs Council, American Muslim Council) was president of convicted terror financier Abdurahman Alamoudi’s organization, the American Muslim Council.
- Yaqub Mirza (SAAR) is a money manager in several capacities, who was a key organizer of the SAAR Network of terror-supporting entities.
- Khurrum Wahid (CAIR) is the former legal advisor for CAIR national, and founder of Emerge USA, which grooms new Islamist leaders for participation in American politics.
- Safaa Zarzour (CAIR, ISNA) a Chicago lawyer, was first the president and chair of CAIR-Chicago, and then secretary-general of ISNA.
Islamist Group Donations to Hillary Clinton, Lifetime (as of 8-31-16)
Prominent Islamist Donations to Hillary Clinton, Lifetime (as of 8-31-16)
Educational outreach by Islamist Watch: Islamist Watch attempted to contact the Clinton campaign by mail on September 21 at the first address listed on its website. The correspondence was returned and a new letter was sent to a different address on October 5.
Result of contact: No response yet.
_ _ _ _ _
The Middle East Forum promotes American interests through intellectual, activist, and philanthropic efforts.
For immediate release
For more information, contact:
Gregg Roman, Director