Man Warned German Consulate of Berlin Attacks; Was Arrested for Islamophobia 3 days Before Attack

A 57 year old Canadian man named  Stephen Clements warned the RCMP and contacted the German Consulate in Toronto on Dec. 16 warning a terror attack was going to occur over the weekend, that terrorists were set to launch an attack in Berlin. Just three days before a truck plowed into a German Christmas market. He was jailed when his claim was dismissed as a “hoax” and considered to be promoting Islamophobia.

Multiple sources confirmed a man contacted the German Consulate in Toronto on Dec. 16 claiming a terror attack was going to occur over the weekend.

The man provided his real name and a phone number where he could be reached but little else.

“Any information concerning a threat to Germany or the consulate is referred to the RCMP,” said Thomas Nickel, Vice-Consul at the German Consulate, explaining this particular tipster was immediately forwarded to the Mounties.

“The consulate receives such information regularly,” he said, adding “it’s very difficult” to determine if such reports are legitimate.

Nickel said information regarding threats to Germany are typically passed on to officials overseas, but he was unable to say if German officials were notified in this case.

According to a police report, INSET officers spoke to the man by phone Dec. 16 “but were unable to establish the veracity of the claims.”

The INSET officers met the tipster at a coffee shop in Scarborough Dec. 17, but after listening to his “bizarre allegations” they “quickly” determined there was nothing to support his claim and arrested the man, said the report, which was obtained by the Toronto Sun.

A source familiar with the case said “a considerable amount of investigation took place before officers decided to lay a charge.”

Did the 57-year-old tipster have legitimate information about the impending horrific attack, or was it just a guess?

“That would be one hell of a coincidence,” one veteran GTA officer, who asked not to be identified, said Friday after learning of the man’s arrest.

Clements was released on bail Thursday, he is expected to appear again in Scarborough court Jan. 27, 2017.

Days after Clements warning and arrest a large diesel truck driven by Islamic Terrorist Anis Amri, 24, plowed into a Christmas market killing 12 and injuring over 50.  The Islamic terrorist in the truck attack, was killed in a shootout with police in Italy early Friday.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 10.0/10 (1 vote cast)
Man Warned German Consulate of Berlin Attacks; Was Arrested for Islamophobia 3 days Before Attack, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating
Posted in Terrorism and tagged , , , , .

One Comment

  1. I have escaped arrest so far. But my head might be separated from my torso when Islam or it US-NATO surrogates can do.

    VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)

Leave a Reply to SuchindranathAiyerS Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Optionally add an image (JPEG only)

 

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.