House Republicans Push To Ban China From Buying U.S. Farmland

House Republicans are pushing for a ban on China from buying U.S. farmland, calling it a national security issue.

One of the concerns is that if China became involved in our food supply line, they could potentially attempt to starve parts of the country.

Advertisement – story continues below

That may sound outlandish until you consider China’s history. The Chinese Communist Party has starved their own people.

The Washington Free Beacon reports:

TRENDING: WaPo and Taylor Lorenz Use Shady Leftist Group to List Gateway Pundit, Dr. Robert Malone, Dr. Peter McCullough, DC Draino, Emerald Robinson, Andrew Tate, Etc. as Top “Extremist Influencers” on Twitter

‘They Could Literally Starve Us’: Republicans Push To Ban China From Purchasing US Farmland

House Republicans are pushing to bar any person or business associated with the Chinese Communist Party from purchasing agricultural land in the United States, an effort gaining traction on the Hill as lawmakers look to retaliate against China over its spy-balloon incursion.

Advertisement – story continues below

Reps. Dan Newhouse (R., Wash.) and Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R., Wash.), alongside more than 40 cosponsors, last week proposed legislation that would prohibit any purchase of public or private agricultural real estate in the United States and its territories by “nonresident aliens, foreign businesses, or any agent, trustee, or fiduciary associated with the Government of the People’s Republic of China.”

The legislation, known as the Prohibition of Agricultural Land for the People’s Republic of China Act, would also bar those entities from involvement in Department of Agriculture programs…

“Imagine if the Chinese Communist Party had just one of the links of our food supply chain under their control, how quickly they could literally starve us,” Newhouse told the Washington Free Beacon. “In other countries they make investments, build infrastructure, control sources of agricultural products. … We don’t want to see that happen in the United States of America.”

This is an issue that deserves more attention.

Advertisement – story continues below

In Case You Missed It:  School Fires Student Newspaper Adviser, Demands to See Articles Before Publication

Communist China has no business buying American farmland.

Source material can be found at this site.

Posted in Tyranny and tagged , , , , .

Advertisement – story continues below

The Washington Free Beacon reports:

Advertisement – story continues below

Advertisement – story continues below

In Case You Missed It:  COVID-19 Mandates are Back: Atlanta-Based Morris Brown College Reinstates Masks Mandates, Social Distancing, Quarantine, Contact Tracing Effective Immediately Despite No Reported COVID-19 Cases on Campus

Posted in Tyranny and tagged , , , , .