Anti-government protest in Yemen

Yemini Terrorists Assassinate US Teacher; Yemen in Disarray Due to Arab Spring

Two terrorists on a motorcycle assassinated an American teacher Sunday. The victim’s name has not yet been released. He was murdered in Taez, a central Yemini city, according to the region’s governor, Hamoud al-Sufi, CBS and the Associated Press reported. The terrorist group behind the murder was not identified. Al Qaeda already has taken over […]

Full Story
Ali Abdullah Saleh

Yemen’s Saleh Apologizes and Surrenders Yemen; al Qaeda Begins Takeover

Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh officially left his nation Sunday on his way to the U.S. for medical treatment, The Associated Press reported. Saleh left the country after passing power to his deputy and asking his people for forgiveness for any “shortcomings” during his 33-year reign, the report said. After months of diplomatic pressure and […]

Full Story

Egypt’s Sham Election

by Daniel Pipes and Cynthia Farahat National Review Online December 6, 2011 According to Egypt’s elections committee, the Muslim Brotherhood won 37 percent of the vote of the first round of voting in Egypt; and the Salafis, who promote a yet more extreme Islamist program, won 24 percent, giving them together a jaw-dropping 61 percent […]

Full Story

Yemen’s Saleh Resigns

Yemen’s Ali Abdullah Saleh resigned Wednesday as president after almost 10 months of protests calling for him to quit, AFP reported. Saleh has ruled the fractious desert country for three decades. He was badly wounded by a bombing at a mosque in the presidential palace in June, but returned home after three months of treatment […]

Full Story

Friendless in the Middle East

by Daniel Pipes National Review Online November 8, 2011 The Arab upheavals of 2011 have inspired wildly inconsistent Western responses. How, for example, can one justify abiding the suppression of dissidents in Bahrain while celebrating dissidents in Egypt? Or protect Libyan rebels from government attacks but not their Syrian counterparts? Oppose Islamists taking over in […]

Full Story

Assad: Western Intervention Will Cause an Earthquake

Syrian President Bashar Assad has warned the West of an “earthquake” across the Middle East if Western powers intervene in Syria. Speaking to the British Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Assad said western countries “are going to ratchet up the pressure, definitely.” “But Syria is different in every respect from Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen,” he added. “The history […]

Full Story

al Qaeda Delivers New Message from Bin-Laden Claiming Credit for “Arab Spring” Uprisings

He may be dead, but he won’t stop talking: Osama Bin Laden’s latest message, apparently recorded shortly before his death, was released by Al Qaeda on Tuesday, two days after the U.S. commemorated the 9/11 attacks. In the message, Bin Laden urged Americans to “rise up” against the large corporations – and Israel -which control the […]

Full Story