The House will be in recess.
Senate Cloakroom: June 27 – July 1
Analysis: The Senate will convene Monday at 2:00pm; however, there will be no votes that day. On Tuesday This week, the Senate will begin debate on 3 more judicial nominations, James Michael Cole of the District of Columbia to be Deputy Attorney General, Virginia A. Seitz of the District of Columbia to be Assistant Attorney General and Lisa O. Monaco of the District of Columbia to be Assistant Attorney General. The votes on these nominations will take place at noon. From there the Senate will move to then consider amendments to the Presidential Appointments Efficiency and Streamlining Act. Numerous amendments have been offered including one by Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) regarding loans to the International Monetary Fund. Once all the amendments have been considered and the underlying bill is voted on, The Senate will immediately move to the also consider the Expedited Consideration of Nominations Resolution which would expedite the confirmation process for an additional group of presidential nominees, which could make it easier for President Obama to appoint unelected Czars.
Major Floor Action:
- S. 679 – The Presidential Appointments Efficiency and Streamlining Act
- S. Res. 116 – Expedited Consideration of Nominations Resolution
Major Committee Action:
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing on “Tax Code Simplification to Increase Compliance.”
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing on “Libya and War Powers.”
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on the “Effect of Supreme Court Rulings on Corporate Behavior.”
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing on “Deficit Reduction Issues.”
Source material can be found at this site.